Sunday, December 14, 2014

Gingerbread House Party

I run a playgroup and for our Christmas Party (we do one every year), I decided to do a Gingerbread House Making Party.  This party does take some planning but if you do it right it is lots of fun.


Items Needed
-A strong piece of cardboard or stiff poster board (for the base)
-A small gable box (I was able to purchase these from Target for .97 a piece)
-Graham Crackers (A package per child)
-Candy- Get creative I got M&Ms, Licorice, Hershey Kisses, Gumdrops
-Marshmallows (I got the mini kind)
-I found gingerbread iced cookies in a package

-Icing (easy to make)
 3 large egg whites
 4 3/4 cups powdered sugar
 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

1. Put egg whites and cream of tartar in bowl and mix on medium speed
2. Add Powdered sugar in small amounts on high
3. Then beat for 4-5 minutes until thick
4. Refrigerate covered till ready to use

Use the gable box as a base and use your graham crackers and icing to build your house around the box.  Then get creative with your candy.  With some patience and creativity your house will look great.


If you are having a party make your life easier and portion everything out.  This avoids fighting over items and you can make sure every child has enough.  I placed everything needed in ziplock bags for each child.  I also portioned the icing so every child had their own icing.  ****Warning**** This party or project is very messy but very fun!!!  We did our playdate at a park which avoided some of the cleanup from a home playdate.

No comments:

Post a Comment