Tuesday, January 3, 2017

New Years Resolutions

Can you believe it is 2017?  It is probably going to take me a month for my mind and pen to realize this-especially when I write out bills.  I am not a big New Year's resolution type person.   I try to make goals for myself as a person to grow but it's not necessarily just at New Year's time activity.  This year I do have a few things on my list of improvements self-improvement that I would like to accomplish.

1. More time with my little ones free of distractions for example the phone, TV, and electronics of any kind.

2. Yelling- I noticed when I discipline my children I tend to feel that I don't get enough of response from them unless I am yelling and then I feel badly that I yelled at them which is it like a vicious cycle.  I'm going to try to try to break through to them without the yelling in other ways.

3. I'm gonna try to stop being so hard on myself.  I have a tendency to put a lot of expectations on myself as a mother, as a wife, as a human being, and I unrealistically expect myself to have some form of perfection in everything I do which is definitely not healthy.

  4. I'm going to try to encourage my children to play outside more and do other activities besides video games and TV and electronics. I want to curb my default of letting them do those things for a distraction so that I can get things done.

What are your New Years Resolutions?  

No comments:

Post a Comment