Thursday, December 11, 2014

Guilty Pleasures

As a mom I think we all at one point and for some moms more often than others experience guilt over something.  Guilt can be to a mom's demise.  But there is a guilt that can make you happy, a guilty pleasure. A guilty pleasure is something you enjoy but feel guilt about for some reason.  I think everyone has a guilty pleasure, whether it is a tv show,  food, music, or even a fetish.  I have a few guilty pleasures of my own.  Lately, my guilty pleasure has been binge watching Downton Abbey and  The Real Housewives of New Jersey or Atlanta.  I think the amazing thing about guilty pleasures is even though we feel guilty about doing the thing that we do at least we are getting some form of enjoyment doing them.  As moms I think we all need to have a guilty pleasure but it would be nice if we could have the pleasure minus the guilt.

I think as moms we are so hard on ourselves.  Many times we are trying to live up to an impossible standard.  We are only human, so mistakes are okay now if we could just believe that- I think our lives would be a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment