Sunday, March 1, 2015

Motivate Your Child Book Review

Everyone has challenges with their children that sometimes can be frustrating.  We all have methods that we use to encourage our children to do the right thing.  I got the opportunity to read a book that gives suggestions and ideas to Motivate Your Child.  This book was filled with situations and maybe even things you personally encounter with your child.  Along with a solution and the right questions to ask or proper way to guide your child.  One of the many topics in this book were about building a conscious in your child.   I have always felt that if something isn't truly experienced or is forced upon someone it isn't lasting. Your child has to know that this action is either the right or wrong thing to do and feel compelled to correct it. This was one of the points in this informative book and if you are looking for guidance with your child this is an excellent, easy to understand, and encouraging tool.  I actually put one of the principles immediately to use with my 6 year old.  Whenever we are ready to go somewhere I tell my son to "Please put on his shoes we are going to go."  Then I go about finishing up my tasks to head out the door and I come back and he still hasn't put on his shoes so I ask him to do it again.  I continue my final tasks and return to him frustrated that he hasn't followed my instructions and the shoes are not on.  In the book they suggest to give a 5 minute warning and after asking your child to put on their shoes don't walk away make sure they make actions to put on the shoes.  If nothing happens, then you go to your child and explain that you need them to obey.  In my situation it didn't go beyond that.  Another thing my boy has issues with is taking responsibility for his actions instead of getting upset or blaming others.  This topic is covered in this book as well.  This book can be easily applied to younger kids by helping you build a foundation and even teenagers and older children.

This book is written by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN and they are founders of the National Center for Biblical Parenting and Biblical Parenting University.  If you are interested in further information visit biblicalparenting.org

If you are interested in getting your own copy of this book go to http://www.amazon.com/Motivate-Your-Child-Christian-Parents/dp/0529100738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425240779&sr=8-1&keywords=motivate+your+child  You will definitely use it and it will be a blessing and encouragement to you as well.

***This book was provided to me by Business 2 Blogger for free and there is an additional compensation for my review.  Regardless of this the opinions and review is completely my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to read this book and write a review. I hope this material continues to be helpful to you in your parenting.

    ReplyDelete