Friday, October 16, 2015

Potty Training

My youngest is in no way ready to be potty trained.  He is happy to wear diapers 24/7 and has no qualms with a dirty diaper.  So it looks like I am in for another stubborn go at potty training.  I also have not been pushing the subject too hard because we are expecting our newborn very soon.  So for some encouragement I want to share a post I put up when my oldest was potty trained so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Finally after all this time and for the last month…..my boy  is potty trained!!! I am so happy and relieved. It was a long frustrating road. Just wanted to fill anyone who is curious on some potty training things that finally helped him seal the deal. At first I tried stickers on a chart, candy, and small trinkets as encouragements. These things were effective for occasional potty visits but were not long lasting. What worked for my boy was if he was on any kind of electronic device and peed or pooped in his pants that item was taken away. I also explained to him when we were out and he wanted a toy or a big surprise that he can’t have these things until he used the potty for pee or poo. The two things in combination worked awesome and finally things started to click. I know every child is different but I wanted to share what worked for us. Believe me, I understand how frustrating and defeating it can be. Also, how you feel like your child might be graduating high school in diapers but it will happen. This also a little encouragement reminder for me when it is time to potty train my youngest  in the future. Future me: He will potty train hang in there!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment