Saturday, October 3, 2015

The Reality of 20 days till my Baby Girl Arrives

I am in shock mode as it has set in that in 20 days or less if she has other plans my little girl is going to be born and we are going to go from a family of 4 to a family of 5.  I have been busy I guess in nesting mode putting together anything that needs to be put together and prepared for her.  Laundry loads upon laundry loads and organizing to the best of my ability.  I have this crazy constant feeling that I have forgotten something...I am not sure what.  I think part of the reason I feel this way is I have been pretty lax about getting things together for her arrival.  I guess when you are on number 3 it doesn't feel as pressing to be super prepared.  Realizing no matter what there is no way to be completely prepared.  I also have an extreme desire to go places during the day knowing full well l am soon to be a prisoner in my own home going stir crazy.  The not driving after giving birth is probably a good thing due to the lack of sleep and delirium that ensues it would not be safe for anyone to have a just labored mama driving on the road.  I am trying desperately to not be too overwhelmed by the reality of nursing that will soon be a part of my everyday routine.  Hopefully my boys will settle into a routine quicker than I think they will.  With the Halloween holiday upon us as well I feel like I have to get in some Halloween events to celebrate before I have the baby which probably isn't my most clever idea.  I have to realize this and cut myself a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment