Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Adding Another Child to the Mix

I have 2 boys at home and I am a little tentative about adding another child to our family.  The delicate balance that we have had taken quite some time to achieve but it is already in motion.  We have another baby on the way.  I know it is going to take some time to integrate her into our boy laden family but after some time I am confident that we will find our groove again.  I am not as worried about our 7 year old's transition, he is pretty independent.  I am more worried about our 3 year old's transition.  He is truly a mama's boy and has a hard time in general being away from me.  I am hopeful that everything will go smoothly.  He had a difficult time with speech so I am hoping that it not delayed or effected in the process.  Things are really getting serious now as the time goes on.

Here is my after the baby is home update:  After some initial attachment from my boys who I was away from at the hospital for 5 days.  We are adjusting into somewhat of a schedule.  When my 3 year old met his new baby sister he was excited.  Until he exclaimed, "She is eating mommy."  "Put her back in the seat."  But now he is okay with having her around as long as he sits next to me during feeding and is able to cuddle and hug.  My oldest, who is 7, is very excited to have a baby sister.  After asking for a good year for one and praying every night he finally feels he got what he wanted and he couldn't be happier.  He wants to constantly hug and kiss her and be near her.  When he is picked up from school he says I have to get home to my baby sister.  So cute.  To help matters my little girl is such a good baby.  I can't get over how much different she is from the boys.  My boys were always so unhappy.  I couldn't put them down they would scream.  She lets me put her down and normally only cries when hungry, gassy, or changing diapers or clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment