Sunday, November 29, 2015

Holiday Season

The holiday season is upon us and I feel so guilty.  After being quarantined in the house since October 27, I am stir crazy and my kids are going crazy.  I feel bad because the normal me would be filling our calendar with lots of fun things to do to celebration the season.  So far we have done barely anything and my oldest boy who had 1 week away from school spent most of his time inside.  The mommy guilt is huge.  I know that it isn't such a big deal to them but it feels horrible to me like I have let them down a bit.  The elf hasn't even had the energy to show up at our house this year.  I just don't have the time to make sure that "Elfie" has a hiding place at night.  My mind is mush and I can barely remember anything so the elf would be a huge holiday fail.  Our tree isn't even up yet and I am a Christmas girl through and through.  The tree normally makes an appearance by now.  Hopefully this mama can get it together soon.  I know regardless of how I am feeling that the things I am feeling guilt for don't make the holiday.   So I decided to try my best to not give myself grief about what I can't do and just enjoy what I am able to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment