Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Potty Training my 3 year olds saga

My 3 year old has decided that he wants to try to go potty at the most inconvenient times of day.  This would not be an issue if he actually peed or pooed in the potty.  Normally he has already gone in his diaper but is motivated to try by getting a piece of candy.  So my desperate boy sits on the potty and tries to squeeze out some pee to get a piece of candy.  He pushes so hard to get something out and gets so frustrated when nothing comes out.  He says to me Candy?  and I reply did you go potty? Him: No No Candy???  Heartbreaking.  My oldest was hard to potty train as well he wasn't potty trained until he was 4 so I think we might possibly be on that road with my boy as well.  Hopefully we will be able to find the magic thing that clicks with him. My oldest we tried a lot but when we finally found the special motivator it did the trick.

Update:
After a couple of days, if I keep on top of him he will use the potty.  If I wasn't all consumed with the care of my newborn he would be further along.  Mommy guilt....  He is really close though.  So glad we are making progress.  Candy for my boy apparently is him motivator.  He definitely has a sweet tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment