Friday, November 13, 2015

The Isolation Post Baby

In the first few months of having a new baby I always feel isolated and lonely.  Especially since you are bound to the house with little to no human contact.  Those crazy post birth hormones don't help the situation either.  I have only been home for a few days after being in the hospital for 5 days with my little one but knock on wood, I am feeling pretty good.  It helps that I have a baby that is pretty easy going.  My boys were both very demanding babies.  It is a little odd to have such a content baby so thankful though.  I haven't really felt too isolated as late but we are just over a week in so time will tell.  My husband who is normally asleep during the day has altered his schedule to help out which has been nice.  My mom has been around to help as well.  Fortunately though I have been able to handle a lot of things on my own.  It makes me feel good to know that I can handle it better than I thought I could.  I am definitely looking forward to my healing so I can feel like a person again.  The demands from my boys at times seem more than my newborn baby girl.  I have been feeling a little stir crazy to get out and about.  But my girl is not a fan of her car seat and screams hysterically when riding in the car so that alone has deterred any thoughts of leaving the house too often.  We do get out the house twice a day to drop off and pick up my 1st grader.  It definitely takes a lot more work to get 3 kids going in the morning and ready.  We have some what of a system down.  Looking forward to getting out and about soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment