Monday, August 1, 2016

Back to School

Is it really August already??  The summer has seriously flown by.  I will have a 2nd grader and a preschooler this year.  I can barely believe either one of these.  Back to schedules and earlier bedtimes to prepare for early morning wake ups.  Completing supply lists, clothing shopping, and new haircuts.  I just found out about my children's meet the teacher events before school starts and was surprised to discover that my future 2nd graders' meet the teacher is at 8:30 am.  My preschooler's is 10 am which is reasonable but 8:30 am that is crazy.  It is going to be a busy morning.    The first day back to school is going to emotional for me since my 3 year old (soon to be 4) will be starting preschool.  If you have been following the blog you will know the concerns I have had about his speech development.  He has come a long way and I am so proud of the progress he has had.  A year ago I was not feeling confident about his ability to start school this year but happily and surprisingly he has proved us all wrong.  Both of my boys are ready and able to excel in school and I am more than thankful for this.

Once my boys are in school, it is just going to be my little girl and I which is going to be a huge adjustment. Especially with a busy summer keeping all 3 of my kids busy and entertained.  I am sure we will get used to it but initially it is going to feel a little sad.  I know a lot of parents are more than ready for the school year to start but I am going to miss the extra time with all my kids.  But I am excited for them because I know that the school year will bring new friends and new experiences that I couldn't provide for them.  In the past I have toyed with the idea of home schooling but we ultimately discovered that going to school is the best decision for my boys.  We are fortunate to live in an area with a wonderful school and my kids are super social kids.  They flourish is a busy social environment.  Just love how school and learning opens up the world to kids and expands the way they relate to the world and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment