Pumpkin Muffins (I know this is more of a seasonal recipe but they are really yummy other times of the year too)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare your muffin pan for 12 good sized muffins. I normally just use muffin papers it makes for really easy clean up
2. In a small bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
3. In a large bowl (mixing bowl), blend 2/3 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark I have tried both) and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil. You can on low speed or mix with spoon just to blend these ingredients. Then stir in 1 egg (I use egg white but either is fine), 1/2 cup of pumpkin, 1/2 cup of yogurt (plain or vanilla) for this recipe I used greek yogurt until blended.
4. Stir in your flour mixture just until blended.
5. Gently stir in 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal (old fashioned or quick cooking) and I used a box of raisins in 1.5 oz size but you can use 1/2 cup if you really enjoy raisins
6. Put the batter in the muffin cups or muffin forms
7.Bake the muffins for 25 minutes.
These are freezable as well and I like them best warm.
Both of my boys enjoyed the muffins. Mommy score. Hope you enjoy them too.