Monday, May 26, 2014

Pumpkin Muffins

I am excited because recently my littlest has been taking naps free from my arms.  The funniest thing is the naps are usually just sprawn out on the floor, in the high chair, or on the sofa.  But I decided to take advantage of the free time and make a recipe that my oldest has always liked.  This will be the 1st time my youngest will be trying this so I am looking forward to seeing if he enjoys them as well.


Pumpkin Muffins (I know this is more of a seasonal recipe but they are really yummy other times of the year too)

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare your muffin pan for 12 good sized muffins.  I normally just use muffin papers it makes for really easy clean up

2.  In a small bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger

3.  In a large bowl (mixing bowl), blend 2/3 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark I have tried both) and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.  You can on low speed or mix with spoon just to blend these ingredients.  Then stir in 1 egg (I use egg white but either is fine), 1/2 cup of pumpkin, 1/2 cup of yogurt (plain or vanilla)  for this recipe I used greek yogurt until blended.

4. Stir in your flour mixture just until blended.

5.  Gently stir in 1 cup of uncooked oatmeal (old fashioned or quick cooking) and I used a box of raisins in 1.5 oz size but you can use 1/2 cup if you really enjoy raisins

6.  Put the batter in the muffin cups or muffin forms

7.Bake the muffins for 25 minutes.

These are freezable as well and I like them best warm.



Both of my boys enjoyed the muffins.  Mommy score.  Hope you enjoy them too.


No comments:

Post a Comment