Friday, May 23, 2014

Staying Sane in an Insane World

Sanity is defined as the ability to think and behave in a normal and rational manner

Sanity is always debatable.  One person's sanity is another person's nightmare.  My sanity is a great big question mark sometimes too.  I'll start by saying that both of my boys as babies were colicky and hard to appease.  The colic lasted on each 8 months hardcore and a year till there was some peace.  My oldest now, who is 5, is still hard to please and my youngest, who is 21 months is what I call a fusspot.

With life and responsibilities, in addition to taking care of the kiddos, it can be overwhelming and stressful.  

Here is list of somethings to accept that will improve your sanity:
1.  Sometimes, no matter how much you clean, your house will never be perfect or even clean enough.  Everytime I try to clean up toys I have a little shadow behind me (my 21 month old) pulling everything out.  My oldest is never satisfied with one toy at a time.  He likes to make "worlds" using multiple toys together.

2.  No matter how many places you have to store toys, your house will still look like a toy store....that exploded.  I have a toy box and multiple buckets to hold the toys-it is never enough.

3.  Boys can be gross especially in the bathroom and no matter how much you clean your toliet it may always have at least a faint smell of pee at all times.  Aiming is not my oldest's  strong point.  Normally he starts out on target and by the end due to laziness, everything goes awry.  Also don't even think about sitting on the seat without checking first.  I have had one too many occasions of wetness on the seat when I sat down...ewwww

4.  Boys like to destroy things.  I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "Sorry I broke it!"

5.  No matter how many toys your child has it will never be enough.

6.  Picky, picky, picky. This might just be my boys but they are specific about everything- food, how they think things are supposed to go.  I have 2 very strong willed boys who speak their mind at will.  It can get really exhausting and frustrating.

7.  One day they will grow up and as stressful and difficult as it seems right now, you will wish to have these moments back.  I can't believe how quickly the last 5 years have flown by with my oldest. I can't help but think of that tiny baby and realize that before I know it they will have lives of their own

****This list is all from the perspective of a mom with 2 boys.  I won't pretend to know what challenges you face with a girl****

If you have any tips to keep sane or comments let me know.  Please like and share if you can relate or if you know someone who might need a sanity pep talk.






No comments:

Post a Comment