Sunday, June 15, 2014

My Amazing Husband

This is a rare post but I wanted to brag a little on my amazing husband on this Father's Day and our 12th wedding anniversary.  I met my husband 14 years ago in Dennys.  We were both eating with our respective friends and it was a very middle school situation.  I thought he was cute and I had a friend go over to ask if he was interested.  My friend returned with a number and reassurance that he thought I was cute.  Our first date was at TGI Fridays and we were both next to each other in the waiting area and didn't recognize each other.  After he asked another girl if she was Nicole,  I realized he was my date and said "I'm Nicole" and our date began.  We had a lot in common and hence our relationship was born.  We dated for a year and he asked me to marry him and a year later we got married.  6 years later we had our first son and 4 years later our second.  We have a pretty great relationship and I am very lucky to have him.

When we had our first son I saw another side to my husband- he was always amazing with me but seeing him with our boy was mind-blowing.  He is an wonderful father and makes our family a priority even though he is crazy busy with work and his business. I am so thankful that my boys have such a great dad one that I know is going to be there no matter what.  This is important to me because my dad was never around and I haven't seen him since I was 6.  They say you marry a man like your father normally but I think I married a man the opposite of my father.  Thank God for that!!!!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads today!!!  Hope you take the opportunity to let your guy know how important he is to you and your family.


2 comments: