Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Guilt oh the Guilt

There is nothing worse than feeling sick with kids to take care of and other responsibilities.  Lately I can't get a break one sickness after the other.  First it was a horrible 24 hour stomach bug and then this week a throat cold (one of those it will hurt if I swallow kind).  My husband works evenings and sleeps during the day so it is all me with the kids.  Today I felt better than yesterday and we committed to a party to attend for a little girl in my oldest's preschool.  I felt pretty good at the beginning of the party and by hour 2 things were quickly going downhill.  My littlest just wanted to run around and my oldest was having such a good time. I started to feel really dizzy after running after my youngest for 2 hours.   I felt horrible telling him we had to go.  After a minute of crying, he pulled it together when he realized I wasn't feeling well.  Let me tell you, we have come a long way, it used to be a temper tantrum to leave places.  Did I mention the party was super awesome including bounce house, face painting, balloons, sno cones, popcorn?- like I said a kids dream party. I tried so hard to stay as long as I possibly can.  I felt so guilty having to leave.

I think I have a habit of putting my kids first and sadly neglect myself.  Their needs are always before mine.  Even in regards to my free time, I don't often take time for myself and when I do it is after the kids go to bed.  When I do things after they go to bed I am sacrificing sleep.  I have trouble justifying time for myself but I know it is something I need to do every now and then.

When was the last time you took time for yourself? Or felt the guilt?  Lets commiserate together.

No comments:

Post a Comment