Saturday, January 30, 2016

Mom Reality Check

When I had my 1st born I was a pretty inexperienced mom who thought she had it all together.  Before I had my boy I was so certain how things were going to be and what kind of parent I was going to be.  Boy do you get a reality check when your baby arrives.  All of the preconceived notions I had about being a parent were either incorrect, inconceivable, or not for my baby.  As most of us who are moms know every child is different and one solution or way to do things doesn't work for every child.  In the beginning you are able to use the books as a guide but basically you are left to figure it out on your own.  I am sure like me while pregnant or before kids the phase:  I would never let my kids do _______   We are  really as a whole a very judgey society not just to others but even ourselves.  Having never been through the experience it is difficult to really have a grasp on what is really in store for us.  Then real life comes in and shows you what is really going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment