Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Breastfeeding To Cover or Not To Cover

I am a breastfeeding mama.  I breastfed my oldest for a year and a half, my middle child for a year, and I am currently breastfeeding my little 3 month old baby girl.  Fortunately, I never had any issues with breastfeeding all of my kiddos latched on from the beginning.  This was the only thing about breastfeeding that came easily in the beginning.  It takes a lot of hard work and perseverance to continue breastfeeding especially with a cluster feeding cranky baby.  The temptation to stop breastfeeding is very hard to resist but if you stick with it, I think it is more convenient in the long run.

Now I personally am pretty modest and I don't feel comfortable nursing without a cover. Initially it takes a moment to adjust the cover properly but once I do my babies do fine.  If I want to nurse without a cover I just do it in the car.  But if you are okay with it there is no reason you shouldn't just whip out your boobs and let your baby go to town.  I don't understand why people are so bothered by a mother feeding her child without a cover.  I have never had anyone say anything negatively about nursing.  I try not to let what others think bother me too much anyways.  There is a video surfacing on social media with a woman breastfeeding and multiple people come up to her and tell her how disgusting it is.  If you have experienced any negativity related to nursing please share your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment