Saturday, October 4, 2014

An Orange at School

My boy has adjusted fairly well to Kindergarten.  He loves to go everyday (hopefully that lasts forever).  At his school for behavior they have a rainbow of behavior.  The best color is red and purple is the worst.  The order is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. It was a little confusing for him at first because at preschool red was the worst.  Throughout the day depending on the child's behavior the child is moved either up or down throughout intervals in the day.  At the beginning of the day everyone starts out at purple and they work their way up.  Great concept.  Everyday I get a report if anyone got a really bad color and what color he received during our drive home.  Well last week at car pickup, Aiden walked towards our car with his hands over his eyes.  I know my boy well and I knew he was upset. Still with his hands over his eyes I asked if he was upset and he said I don't want to tell you.  He buckled his seat belt and I drove toward home.  Then hesitantly he told me that he got orange and started to cry devastated.  He told me he got orange because toward playtime someone took his train track and he threw a piece of train track at him.  Now my boy does have a bit of a temper but it isn't normal for him to act out like this.  We talked about his reaction and with a promise to never do it again he calmed down a bit.  We had Pandora on in the car on the Sesame Street station and there is a song on there called Everyone makes mistakes.  I think Big Bird sings it.  He then said, "Mommy, I am so glad this song came on.  I really needed to hear it.  It reminded me that everyone makes mistakes right?"  Yes they do, Yes they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment