Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Moms I would like to Punch in the Throat

1)  Bragging Moms-  Don't get me wrong a little bragging is great.  It is good to be proud of your kid, I get it, but constantly bragging 24-7 is too much.

2)  Comparing Moms- I can't tell you how many times I have encountered this mom.  Oh your boy still isn't (insert milestone) my little one did that when they were some absurd timeline.  I understand there are some advanced kids but it is one thing to have a child who meets milestones early, it is totally another when you make other moms feel bad that their child isn't where said Mom thinks they should be.

3) Perfect Moms-  Everything is perfect nothing is wrong.  My child never does anything wrong and never has a problem...by the way neither do I.  I know there are some extremely well behaved kiddos in the world but to portray your life as problem free is unrealistic.  It is okay for things to not be perfect that is what makes us human.  Plus it is super hard to relate to someone like that.

4)  You get to stay at home you have it so easy Moms-  I know it sounds great to be able to stay at home with the kids and it is.  I am so happy to be able to stay at home with my boys.  But it is not easy to be at home with your kids all day.  Every tantrum, every disagreement, and every stubbornness, you alone handle- it can be wearing.  Plus you have to run the household and do all the errands that need to be done in your normal everyday life.  I have even had a friend say, "You have it so easy.  You must sit around and eat bon bons all day.  I'm sorry I would feel really stupid staying at home all day.  I think after awhile you start to lose your intelligence."  (Yes someone really said this to me)  Do I feel like I yearn for adult conversations sometimes?  Yes.  Do I feel like I am getting more stupid everyday I am home with my kids?  No.

My value isn't defined by who I interact with or what other moms think of me.  But by what my kids think of me.  And lucky me (bragging) They think I am the greatest and seeing myself through their eyes no one else's opinion really matters.  I try to have it all together (but Thankfully)  I am not so delusional to realize that sometimes I don't.  Now, do I really want to Punch these moms in the throat?  Sometimes, but overall I try to just tune out the noise of other moms and try to be the best mom I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment