Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Kid's Top Trader Joe's Picks

A Trader Joe's has recently opened up in our area and we love it! This is one store that my kids actually like going to, in fact they ask to go there all the time! They love the small kids shopping carts, free samples and juice, and of course the lollipops given to them by the employees. I love how the store goes out of their way to make kids happy and in return mom is happy! I also love their great prices on organic foods and a wide variety of yummy food without all the yucky preservatives. Over the years shopping there, both in California and now here in Orlando, my family has definitely found some favorites that are now household staples. These are some of our favorites that I definitely recommend trying!

1. Trader Joe's French Toast

Morning times are very quick now with school back. These are great and very tasty, even my non-breakfast loving daughter loves these! Just pop in the microwave for a minute and voila! 

2. Cinnamon Schoolbook Cookies

My kids love these, and I love that they don't have any artificial coloring or flavors! Plus they make snack time educational, and my 5 year old loves spelling words with these before gobbling them up! 

3. Joe's Diner Mac and Cheese 

I'm really not a fan of already prepared frozen food, usually because it contains lots of preservatives and just doesn't taste great. But this Mac and cheese is delicious. I love it because it tastes like a "fancier" Mac and cheese yet my kids devour it. My son loves me to make this in a morning and pack it in a thermos for his school lunch! 

4. Trader Ming's Soyaki Sauce


My kids are pretty picky eaters and dinner time can get very boring sometimes. This sauce is an awesome marinade that both my husband and I AND the kids love, win! We usually cut up chicken thighs and then marinade them with the sauce for a day and then pan fry and it is delicious. The sauce also works great with veggies. 


5. Trader Joe's Organic Popping Corn

We love popcorn here and it is a staple to our weekly movie night. This popcorn does pop up nicely and you can flavor it with whatever you wish, we usually like to melt a little butter to put in. The bag is pretty inexpensive and lasts a while, making it a great value! 



1 comment:

  1. I wish we had a Trader Joe's closer to home. I would really like to try Trader Ming's Soyaki Sauce.

    ReplyDelete