Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Gear Up for Back to School

We have been living the lazy hazy days of summer with a pretty relaxed schedule the last couple of weeks.  Part of this fact is due to the fact that it is either super hot out and or raining so I haven't been too motivated to get out often.  We start the new school year here on August 24th and I can't believe it.  I feel like the summer has whizzed by.  I have enjoyed having my oldest home with my youngest they are playing really excellent together.  I think part of this is due to my 2 year olds sudden improvement in speech which has made it a ton easier for them to communicate.  I have started to try to prepare my upcoming 1st grader for the back to school schedule.  Long gone will be the days of sleeping in, so I have been gradually creeping back bedtime.  He is really excited to go back though I think this is mainly due to anticipation of seeing his friends from Kindergarten.  I am hopeful that they placed at least one of his good buddies in his class.  I have seen a general outpouring of a lot of parents who are more than ready for their kids to go back to school.  I can honestly say I don't feel that way.  I have really enjoyed having him home and we are going to miss him when he is at school. Ready or not here the school year comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment