Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Summer is Calling My Name

I am officially done with early wake ups, lunch packing, homework tasking, and kids getting ready for the school day.  Unfortunately, the school calendar feels differently and there is still a month and a half to go to the end of the school year.  My 1st grader is getting pretty burnt out as well. It takes lot of energy to get my boy motivated to go to school each day and me too.  I am excited to do lots of fun activities with my kids without time restrictions. Also, if I do get the opportunity to maybe even sleep in I can actually take advantage.  Not to mention it is teacher appreciation week and I am trying to muster up the energy and creativity to participate.  Don't get me wrong I appreciate my son's teacher but this time of year I am on auto pilot trying to make it through.  Plus it is starting to get hot out...especially around the time we have to get in the car to pick up my boy from school.  It takes a lot of encouragement to get my 3 year old in the car.  Boy, are the seats hot in the afternoon.  Hoping to survive these last few weeks.  If I remember correctly I felt pretty similar last school year.  http://learningtopeewiththedooropen.blogspot.com/2015/05/end-of-school-year.html

No comments:

Post a Comment