Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hobbies...do you have time for them?

Time is fleeting in my life.  There never seems to be enough time for things.  Enough time in the day, enough time to sleep, and time speeds by at an alarming rate with my little ones.  It blows my mind that I have an almost 6 year old and an almost 2 year old.  I try to live in the moment as much as possible but time seems to fly by.  With caring for the needs of my kids and taking care of the household my free time is pretty nonexistent.  Once upon a time...I had hobbies, hobbies that I loved and spent quite a deal of time with.  I used to scrapbook, go to the theater quite often, read books,  and perform.  But all of these things have fallen at the wayside with the daily demands of life.  Now if I put a mommy spin on these hobbies I still do these things.  My scrapbooking hobby is alive and well in a different arena when I plan parties.  I do a lot of D.I.Y projects for the party so I am able to use the crafty side of my brain plus there is always art projects with my kids.  My next hobby going to the theater- well for kids shows but I don't go to the theater nearly as much as I used to.  My next hobby is reading.  I love to read!!!  Like reading rainbow said a book can tell you anywhere.  I love a good book but my books are much shorter now- kids books.  My last hobby performing, used to be my career and that has been shelved for now but when I have more time I will be back for that one.  My oldest just showed interest in being involved with a theater group so in my future I may be a stage mom.  Whoever says having kids doesn't change your life hasn't lived a life as a mom or a dad.  Kids change your life profoundly but I wouldn't change it for the world.

2 comments:

  1. sad thing is, I have the time, but dont have the will to have hobbies... I try to read, try to go walking, but nothing makes me happy like it used to before.... got to find myself a new hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hobbies when I can find time are woodworking, metalworking and electronics. I also like to enter blogger giveaways and promote them on my blog which I am hoping I can work into a source of income.

    ReplyDelete