Friday, February 27, 2015

Dr Seuss Day


This is the time of year where we celebrate Dr Seuss and all of the books many of us learned to read with.  March 2nd is Read Across America Day and the featured book this year is Oh the Place You'll Go.
Here are some resources to celebrate Dr Seuss Day with your kiddos http://www.seussville.com/Educators/educatorReadAcrossAmerica.php

With my playgroup we had a Dr Seuss Celebration and had these for a snack 
and made a Hat
Here are some projects I found on pinterest and thought would be a great project to celebrate Dr Seuss
Here is a link to a cute Cat in the Hat Mask
and some snacks
Enjoy celebrating and fostering an early love for reading.  



4 comments:

  1. This looks like a really fun day. We love Dr. Seuss in our home too. Thank you for sharing your day with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive loved Dr.Suess since I was a kid. I read the books to my 2 younger sisters,then to my daughter, my nieces and I will read them to my granddaughte. We are a family who has always loved Dr.Suess. Thanks for sharing your cute pictures. The hat is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive loved Dr.Suess since I was a kid. I read the books to my 2 younger sisters,then to my daughter, my nieces and I will read them to my granddaughte. We are a family who has always loved Dr.Suess. Thanks for sharing your cute pictures. The hat is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only Dr. Seuss book I remember is Green Eggs and Ham. The Dr. Seuss hat is a really cute craft project!

    ReplyDelete