Kids do some crazy things and when my oldest was 4 he did something that shocked and surprised me...he swallowed a penny. I thought this surely wasn't something I would ever have to encounter especially since he was older and really wasn't oral. So in we rushed to the ER for X-rays and consultation with hospital staff. We were there for 4 hours while they decided that he was fine and we would just have to watch for it to come out to make sure he gets rid of it. $800 later, one expensive penny, we were sent home. Then the fun began, every time he went poop we had to search for the penny. Never in my life did I think I would be searching through poo with a fork. 3 days later and with the help of a metal detector we found it. I hope that you don't ever experience this situation first hand. No coins for little ones, really take my advice. It only takes a curious child a moment.