Saturday, January 24, 2015

52 Little Lessons from Les Miserables Review

I think that by now most people when you say Les Miserables know what you are talking about.  When I was in high school I became acquainted with the book with my love of literature and attraction to depressing stories.  If you aren't aware Les Miserable is a story about tragedy, redemption, and forgiveness.  The musical version is what most people are familiar with and believe or not that is the more positive version of the story.  The book expands upon the tragedy a lot more and is pretty depressing.

I recently got an opportunity to read a book analyzing Les Miserable and the Life Lessons that can be learned from it.   The book is 52 Little Lessons from Les Miserables by Bob Welch.  This book was an easy read with short chapters and engaging subject matter.  This book comes from a christian perspective and it's analysis is smart and encouraging.  The book starts out with a quick overview of the characters and the 1st chapter addresses the story in a simple, easy to understand, and straightforward way.  Some of my favorite lessons are Crisis reveals character, Love Means Letting Go,  Love Perseveres, and of course To love another person is to see the face of God.          
To get a copy of your own http://www.amazon.com/Little-Lessons-Miserables-Bob-Welch/dp/1400206669/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422068519&sr=8-1&keywords=52+little+lessons+from+les+misérables

***The book was provided to me by Booklook Bloggers for free.  I received no other compensation for my review.  The review is completely my own opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment