Friday, January 9, 2015

Dear Son

To my son,

I want you to know that I waited a long time for you.  My life was lived,  now that I look back, a little empty.  Before you were born your dad and I were working a lot trying to build a future.  I knew that I definitely wanted to have a child but your dad took a little convincing but once it happened-he was all in.

I remember the exact feelings I had the day I found out I was pregnant with you.  I was so happy, excited, and scared.  Fear of the unknown plus my fear of doctor's visits were now a reality.  You grew without any problems and overall my pregnancy was so easy.  Labor, no matter what anyone tells you, is called that for a reason.  It is painful but so rewarding, there is nothing better than having your child that you hoped for and dreamed about placed in your arms.

You my son are very special, you made me a mommy with your arrival and you taught me how to be the best one I could be.  Through all of the adventures we have shared together-I can think of no other  path that my life could of taken that would have made me as happy, proud, and loved as you make me feel.  I look forward to your laughter throughout the day and your silly stories which seem at times never ending from your imaginative, playful mind.  Your hugs and your kisses make life...well life.  Your sweet disposition and love for others amaze me.

I have so many hopes and dreams for you, like any other parent, but my main hope is for you to be happy.  I want you to be who you want to be, do what you love to do, and above all love life as much as you love life as a child.  I hope that you never lose this love as you continue to grow.

Love
Mommy

My plan is to print this out for you to have and can keep with you as you grow older.
I encourage you to take the opportunity to write out a letter to your child and store it away for when they are older.

No comments:

Post a Comment