Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Year New You?

Do you feel the pressure every year in January to make resolutions and make this year the best year ever?  I do.  Our society puts a lot of emphasis on it.  Sadly, this commitment to improvement only lasts at most 3 months.  I think that our day to day life gets in the way and change is hard.  As a whole in general, we are not very adaptable people.  Do we really have it in us to change a major aspect of ourselves?  I try to make my goals obtainable if something is too far out of reach you are setting yourself up for failure.  Failure is not a good feeling especially in January.  So here is my encouragement...baby steps and if you had a bad day/week keep trying.  We aren't perfect and I think the act of trying and putting forth an effort makes you a better person.  A step at a time towards the new you for the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment